Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Century City

We made a list of things we want to do and restaurants we want to eat at before we leave here. The list is a lot longer than I thought it would be so this should be interesting. One of the things on the list was century city. What is Century City? Not really sure. It's supposed to be the largest mall in the southern hemisphere or something like that? But not only was it a shopping mall, in the complex there was also a theme park, numerous hotels, a bunch of restaurants, car dealerships, amongst other establishments. T.I.A. Anyways, the mall I'm pretty sure was called the canal walk because of the fact that there is a canal running through the middle of it. It was a really nice mall and basically had anything you could possibly need in life (many of the things I never thought Africa had).
 
The food court? Hectic?
 Here is a little canal action

We walked around the mall a little and then headed straight for the amusement park! Yay! I felt like a little kid about to go to Disney land or something. Pathetic. We wandered around for a while trying to figure out how exactly to get to the amusement park and after about 15 minutes of trying to find it we had been right in front of the entrance the whole time. Typical. The park was... interesting? I don't really know how to describe it into words, but they had this one roller coaster that was a lot like the mind eraser (Darien Lake anyone?) Except for the fact that I swear I got a concussion riding on it. I literally had a headache after I got off the ride. It was a good time on it though, I cannot remember the last time I had been on a roller-coaster/ How much I LOVE roller-coasters. So after a few rides (aka the only rides they had for adults) we hit the roller-coaster one more time and then headed back to the mall. Naturally I went and got some coleslaw from KFC, for all the coleslaw lovers out there, not that there are very many, KFC is the best. Although, KFC in Africa is always a way better experience than those in the states. I was definitely the only white person in line and EVERYONE was starring at me. Literally, I could actually see them talking about me. So rude, I was just trying to get some slaw and get out of there. But yeah that pretty much sums up Century City. I wish I could actually go back and do some shopping but it's quite the hike to do alone. 

Oh, also forgot to mention that there was a petting zoo inside of the amusement park, but there seemed to have been a goat that escaped from this petting zoo and was wondering around the park just like he was a normal person trying to hop in the coaster. T.I.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment