Thursday, May 12, 2011

Homeless Encounter of the day

Trash Day:

Every Thursday is trash day in Mowbray. For the 1 trillion homeless people that live in Mowbray this is their favorite day of the week. This is the day they get a bunch of delicious food and maybe even a new outfit here or there. So just like every Thursday, when I walked out of the 8 gates it takes to get to the street to walk to class I all of a sudden emersed within this homeless population rummaging through the 10 garbage cans that are on my street. A little background on this, we have these 3-5 homeless people, mostly men, who have moved in behind the bushes on our street. They are not too much of a bother and never really ask me for anything so it's cool that they stay. Today seemed like a normal trash day until I continued down the street and found 3 of the homeless men standing in a circle around something on the ground. As I got closer I could hear them saying/chanting something that was definitely not in English. They began chanting louder and dancing around what to me looked like a piece of garbage on the ground, maybe it was food? I'm still not sure. They didn't even see me walk by and kept going on with their strange satanic chanting/dancing around this item. Not until I had completely passed did they realize I was there and stopped their chanting to all look up at me and just started going HI HI HI HI!! HOW ARE YOU HI! MISS MISS HI!! They have never acknowledged me before and being quite confused I just kept walking to class. Nothing like a great start to the day

No comments:

Post a Comment