Sunday, March 20, 2011

Homeless Encounter of the day

Saturday was a great day to read a book, inside. Just minding my own business trying to act all intellectual with my book based upon the art of decision making when I hear a ring at the front gate. Hmm figure it's one of my lazy roommates who just doesn't want to open it, wrong. Some rather large black man was standing at the gate. Excellent. By this time he had already seen me and the cat was out of the bag. I went to the door and asked him who he was and whyyyy was he standing at our gate, his response was that his name was arnold and he lived in the house in back of us... not believe it. He was trying to tell me that the tree from his yard was growing into ours and he needed to cut it. What? I told him to just cut it and I really don't care how short you cut it. Mind you I am in the house yelling at him through a gate and he is at the other gate that is well over 100 feet away from the front door. So we go back anf fourth for a while me being all like ummmmm yeah no you're not coming in to show me this tree and him all being like I need to set up my step ladder in your yard. Finally he asks me for my landlords number. Of course I don't have it so I write down some other guys number and walk out to give it to him. Now we are face to face with a gate inbetween us, horrible idea. He then takes it to the next level and tells me that I do not trust him because of the color of his skin and BLAH BLAH BLAH. Needless to say I set him straight on that situation and before I knew it he was trying to hug me through the gate... THROUGH THE GATE! He is out of his mind?! I told him if he was real that he needed to come back with the landlord and it would be a different story, he asked me for my name and I told him I didn't know, my parents never gave me one and went back inside. Successful day of stopping robbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment