Wednesday, March 9, 2011

THE ZONE

On Friday Sarah and I went to a step class at THE ZONE. Only the best smelling gym ever sans air con. We figured it would be a typical step class such as the ones in the US. Yeah. No. So we get there a little early and are waiting for the class to start and this older lady walks in, doesn’t look like she is in that great of shape wearing a big tee-shirt, long shorts that had some silver pattern on the side, long spandex, high socks, and sneakers. Not to mention that many of her teeth were gold teeth. We soon realized that this was actually the teacher of the class. Oh my word. So the classes started well, seemed pretty normal, until we got about 25 minutes in and we hadn’t stopped stepping at all. Everyone was dripping sweat and dying. At this point, some people had left. We kept going strong. 30 minutes went by and this lady still hadn’t stopped.  I have no idea how because she didn’t look to be in that good of shape. Finally, after 45 minutes, the music stopped and the stepping was over. Gross. She’s crazy. Then she had us to abs in which we had a partner and we did 3 different types of sit-ups and then left. Weird? I am not sure what the point of that was. Friday night consisted of doing my first paper at UCT. The topic was to reflect on the authors we had discussed in my Religion and Society class and how they changed your perception of religion. We had read works form Weber, Marx, Durkheim, etc. I hate religion. I don’t have any perception on it and these authors did nothing to change that. Aka my paper was horrible and the teacher will probably burn it once he is done reading it. Once again, another successful day in Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment