Saturday, February 26, 2011

IKEYYYYYYY tigers..?


Monday:
First Rugby game!!! But first let me go into my day at school. WELLL my Mondays start out with my 9am sex class, always a great time for all. This class we all split up into groups and we were talking about euphemisms within different cultures based around words like sex, death, weight, and different names for “sexual body parts”. Right. So my group had 2 Americans in it and the rest were either Xhosa or Zulu except for this one random old woman who is in our class. The discussion started out well until they asked me what other words we used in America for the topics we were presenting. I started out with how some people say DID YOU GET IT IN LAST NIGHT BRO!? Aka did you tap that/get laid/ have sex. The lady couldn’t handle it she started dying laughing and then made weird comments to the Xhosa boy behind me. Basically it got awkward REAL fast. The next epic event was when she was like "I just heard that Americans call vagina VAJAYJAY" and just started dying laughing. Fml. We had to present these words to the whole class, once again I looked like a stupid dirty minded American. Typical. After that I was supposed to have my intro to sociology tutorial. I went to the classroom it was in and there were about 10 students there so we all were waiting in the room, 5 min, 10min, 15min, 25 minutes later no teacher had showed up. So I got the hell outta there and went down to ask the people at the desk why our teacher wasn’t there and she looked at me like a total idiot and said “tutorials don’t start until next week, it’s on Vula you should have looked…" okay #1 it is NOT on Vula anywhere I searched the hell out of that thing, so no it’s not lady thanks. You are probably wondering what Vula is, it’s basically a ghetto version of blackboard in which sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. It basically has a mind of it’s own. TIA
But thennnnn that night all the children in my house and I went to the first home rugby game!  I was so excited, Rugby is HUGE here and it’s such a big deal when the IKey tigers play.
 https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=577f4c14e7&view=att&th=12e63611c61a4dc9&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw
Yeah that is what we are. It stems from some Jewish thing that I cannot remember the story to. Typical. So we got to the game and the only seats left were SO far away from the field but we didn’t want to stand so we sat there. Soon I realized that I had NO idea what the hell was going on in the game/ the guys playing looked the size of my pinky finger. Not fun.  What I got out of the game is that one guy passes the ball and then all of a sudden he is tackled and then the ball comes lose and they chase after it. I think I need to learn the game before I got to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment