Sunday, February 13, 2011

Laundry Lady


Campus has been nuts the past few days. All of the Societies aka clubs have been promoting themselves on upper campus and it has basically been a crazy festival this whole week. I signed up for the surf club haha joke.  Also signed up for the Tennis social club, meaning you play tennis but you have to have a drink in your other hand the entire time while playing. Sounds like a fantastic time to me. It’s been over 100 here for the past 2 days. I literally just sweat all day and all night. GROSS. Showers up the wall. I did laundry for the fist time yesterday. They don’t have dryers here so you have to air dry everything but there also isn’t a clothes line, sooo basically it gets interesting when you have to dry them. I’m definitely just going to start dropping my clothes off at the laundry lady. She washes dries and irons your clothes for like $5 a load. I’m thinking yes?

Arcadia has a class that we all have to take in which our program director teaches it. It’s all about the languages spoken in Africa and African history. We learned how to speak Afrikaans, and Xhosa (aka click language) yesterday. Never in my life would I actually use them way to complicated. I found this place on campus called super sandwhich, honestly the best sandwhich I have ever had. Thai chicken with humus yum. Plus it was only 22R which is a little over $3, can’t go wrong with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment