Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sushi Tuesdays


Tuesday:
SO Tuesday was the first day of my African Instruments class! WEEEE! So much fun omg. The period before the class is when my “studio” meets. Studio is a class with about 8 people in it and we all sit in a circle and hit bong drums for 45 minutes. SO LEGIT. We were having “drum communication” during our session. Dizu is my teacher and he’s so great. We have to do a bro handshake with him, which means, “hi how are you”… in a nutshell. So I learned how to do all the different hits in the bongo and learned how to hold it properly. I’m going to become a PRO-FESH-INAL. Watch out. So then after studio the actual class met which is called ensemble. During this period the whole class meets which is about 40 students. This class we all stood in a circle and learned a Xhosa song and an African dance to the song. I soon came to the conclusion that Dizu can shake his hips WAY better than I ever will be able to. SO we basically were chanting and dancing around in a circle banging our feet on the floor for 45 minutes. So great, I can’t wait to have that class every week.
Tuesdays have become our weekly sushi nights. My one roommate Kara and I go every Tuesday. So there were about 6 of us that went this week. To sum it up, it’s half price sushi from Monday-Thursday from 5PM on… Heaven? I got 3 plates of sushi and a glass of wine for $10. That is NOT real like actually. I don’t know what I’m going to do when I get back to the states and that meal would have been about $40. Not excited about that. Sushi is usually ended with Marcel’s, the DELICIOUS soft/hard frozen yogurt place in the town next to us. This week I decided to indulge in English toffee and chocolate twist. To die for. 
Oh and forgot to add that for my sex class we have to do a group presentation, I picked the group that was doing condoms. naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment